- After getting a new tattoo:
- No alcohol, weed consumption for 48 hours before or after getting a tattoo.
- Change plastic wrap every 3-4 hours.
- Clean tattoo with paper towel and gentle soap.
- Dry tattoo with paper towel.
- Allow your skin to “breathe” for about 15 minutes (more or less depending on the size of your new tattoo).
- Apply a thin layer of healing cream.
- Cover tattoo with plastic wrap.
- Repeat all steps every 3-4 hours.
- If your fresh tattoo is covered with a second skin, keep it on for 2 days, then gently remove it, and follow the steps described above without use of plastic wrap.
KEEP YOUR NEW TATTOO CLEAN AT ALL TIMES!
New tattoo is like an open wound, it can easily get infected if you do not keep precautions (do not expose new tattoo to dirt or grease), always keep it clean and protected until it completely heals.
After 24 Hours (for small tattoos) and 48 hours (for big tattoos) stop using plastic wrap.
Clean and moisturize your new tattoo every 3-4 hours!
Keep applying healing cream until your tattoo completely heals (1 week to 2 month full healing time, depending on the size of tattoo).
Keep applying moisturizing cream after healing to keep your tattoo looking fresh for a long period of time.
When exposed to the sun, apply sunscreen on your tattoo to keep ink from fading.